These terms tell you the rules for using our website https://www.mystihl.co.uk/ (“our site”).
Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
https://www.mystihl.co.uk/ is a site operated by Andreas STIHL Limited (”we”, “us”, and “our”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 01376302 and have our registered office at STIHL House, Stanhope Road, Camberley, Surrey, GU15 3YT. Our main trading address is STIHL House, Stanhope Road, Camberley, Surrey, GU15 3YT. Our VAT number is GB 296317137.
We are a limited company.
To contact us, please email email@example.com or telephone our customer service line on 01276 417678.
BY USING OUR SITE YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
THERE ARE OTHER TERMS THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU
- Our Battery Warranty Terms and Conditions which set out the terms that govern the electronic product battery warranty.
WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We may amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO OUR SITE
We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our services, our users’ needs, our business priorities and for business and operational reasons.
WE MAY SUSPEND OR WITHDRAW OUR SITE
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
WHO MAY USE OUR SITE AND HOW YOU MAY USE IT
OUR SITE IS ONLY FOR USERS IN ENGLAND, SCOTLAND, AND WALES
Our site is directed to people residing in England, Scotland, and Wales. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with these terms;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You agree not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
HOW YOU MAY USE MATERIAL ON OUR SITE
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. Unless otherwise stated only Andreas STIHL Limited is approved to use this protected content.
You may use the content on our site for your own personal use as required in connection with your registration with us of your STIHL or VIKING electric or battery product.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
DO NOT RELY ON INFORMATION ON THIS SITE
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice from your local STIHL dealer or other suitably qualified specialist before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the matters dealt with in that section.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of any battery warranty we provide to you, which are set out in the battery warranty terms and conditions: https://www.stihl.co.uk/stihl-and-viking-warranty-policy.aspx.
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VIRUSES AND YOU MUST NOT INTRODUCE THEM
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
RULES ABOUT LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
BREACHES OF THESE TERMS
When we consider that a breach of these terms has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
A breach of these terms may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site;
- Issue of a warning to you;
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- Further legal action against you; and
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of these terms. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
WHICH COUNTRY’S LAWS APPLY TO ANY DISPUTES?
Subject to the final sentence of this paragraph, we both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. Nothing in this paragraph shall limit our rights to take proceedings against you in any other court of competent jurisdiction, nor shall the taking of proceedings in any one or more jurisdictions preclude the taking of proceedings in any other jurisdictions, whether concurrently or not, to the extent permitted by the law of such other jurisdiction.
OUR TRADE MARKS ARE REGISTERED
The STIHL name and STIHL logo are UK registered trade marks of STIHL AG & Co. KG. The VIKING name and the VIKING logo are protected names and trademarks of VIKING GmbH, Austria. In addition, ANDREAS STIHL AG & Co. KG and VIKING GmbH own a number of other protected trademarks.
You are not permitted to use them without the prior written consent of the trademark proprietor to each proposed used.